As Founder, Bob Vontell is a uniquely licensed insurance broker with over 39 years of experience, specializing in health and life insurance. Over the span of his career, Bob has serviced tens of thousands of clients, both individual and corporate, in the State of Connecticut. Bob graduated from the University of Connecticut, pursued graduate studies in Accounting and Marketing in the University of Connecticut MBA Program, and is specially certified to sell Medicare Insurance products. He has been awarded and recognized as a leading broker in his field by insurance companies, fellow colleagues, and clients. Bob is married to Bonnie since 1981 and they have two sons, Robert who is a practicing Connecticut attorney and Jon who joined the family insurance business.
Among highlights in his illustrious career are as follows:
• 1975 – Eagle Boy Scout
• 1979 – The Gold Award- Southwestern Book Company
• 1985 – Awarded the professional Title of Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) by The American College
• 1986 thru 1992 – Agent of the Year Awards Original Oil Portrait Paintings of Family – State Mutual
• 1993 – Broker of the Year Award – MD Health Plan
• 1996 – Broker of the Year Award – MD Health Plan
• 2008 Businessman of the Year Award Presented in Washington, D.C.
• 2010 – Group Insurance Broker of the Year Award – Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
• 2011 – Individual Insurance Broker of the Year – Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
• 2012 – National Broker of the Year Top Sales Producer in the Country in Health Insurance – Aetna
• 2013 – National Broker of the Year Top Sales Producer in the Country in Health Insurance – Aetna
• 2014 – Broker of the Year – Connecticare
• 2017 – 5th in the Nation with Aetna Medicare Advantage Plans
• 1981 to Present – Client Appreciation Awards and Presents, Cards, Family Pictures, Fruit Baskets, Chocolates, etc. (Happy clients, the most meaningful award of all).
Pursuing ethics and publishing at Yale as well as acquiring a juris doctorate from UConn School of Law, Bonnie has worked alongside of her husband Robert for over 40 years, bringing a legal and technical background in trust and estates law as well as elder care and retirement planning.
After graduating from Fordham University, Jon joined Vontell Insurance and has since serviced accounts and helped improve digital marketing in the business, while also acting as the office administrator. He is licensed to sell all forms of life and health insurance and certified to offer Medicare Insurance products. While still in school, Jon learned the value of service as an EMT for various EMS organizations, and carries that same dedication for helping others in his professional life as well.
Joe has been an associate with Vontell Insurance since 2008 and is a specialist in individual and small group health insurance as well as life insurance products. Since joining Vontell Insurance, Joe has serviced hundreds of accounts across Fairfield county and New Haven counties. Prior to the insurance business, he was a small business owner for 15 years and, because of this experience, understands the unique needs and concerns of other small business owners and their employees.